Simplicity is a key in Italian dishes & this reimagined Caprese salad is a classic example of that.
Just 4 ingredients plus a skewer and you have yourself an appetizer that’s simple, refreshing, and bursting with flavour!
Serves: 2-3 People
Prep Time: 10 Mins
- To prepare these Caprese skewers, spear the top of one cherry tomato and slide it up from the top of the skewer.
- Carefully, skewer the ELEF Cherry Mozzarella ball after the cherry tomato.
- Now, take a small basil leaf (about 1” — if your basil leaves are large then cut them in half first, otherwise the flavour will overwhelm the skewer) and fold it in half.
- Depending on the size of the skewer, you could repeat this pattern twice.
- Drizzle some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, season with salt & pepper.
- Now, add some good quality aged balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze & serve fresh.