We made this fantastic “not-your-average-tomato salad” by the world-famous chef Ottolenghi and topped it with our Baby Burrata- it’s delish!
These sweet & tart, juicy heirloom tomatoes topped with crispy, fried, aromatic julienned ginger & garlic is a perfect marriage with our creamy, lush Baby Burrata Cheese.
Garnish with your favourite herbs & top with some lemon zest to enjoy this perfect Summer Salad!
Serves: 1-2 People
Prep Time: 7-10 Mins
- 100g ELEF Baby Burrata
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes
- 100g Mixed Cherry Tomatoes
- 5g Garlic
- 5g Ginger
- 2tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tsp Lime juice
- Lemon zest
- 1 small red onion
- Himalayan Pink salt
- Black Pepper
- Thinly slice garlic cloves.
- Peel & thinly slice ginger.
- Place a pan on medium-low heat, add some Extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the julienned ginger & garlic to the frying pan & cook gently for 5-10 minutes until lightly golden.
- Strain the ginger and garlic through a sieve and transfer to a plate with paper towels.
- For the dressing, take some Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add lemon zest, lime juice, Himalayan Pink salt, black pepper and whisk everything together.
- Now start slicing tomatoes of all colors & varieties & layer them beautifully on your salad plate.
- Thinly slice the red onions into rounds.
- Pour the dressing on the tomatoes followed by the crispy ginger & garlic on top.
- Carefully place the ELEF Baby Burrata on top of the salad & cut it open with a serrated knife. Lightly drizzle some extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle salt & pepper on the cheese.
- Garnish with fresh basil & serve right away!