We have made this Eggplant Parmigiana inspired sandwich even better by adding our lush, oozy Burrata.
Crusty Italian style Ciabatta bread smeared with fresh Basil Arugula Pesto & layered with crumb fried eggplant, roasted peppers, arugula & topped with our decadent, handcrafted Burrata, is the best sandwich you’ll ever eat.
Serves: 1 Person
Prep Time: 40 Mins
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Clean and peel your eggplant. Then, slice the eggplant into rounds.
- Set the eggplant slices on the wire rack.
- Sprinkle salt on each side of the eggplant and let the salt do the work for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Once the salt has released moisture from the eggplant, pat the slices dry with paper towels.
- Prepare your flour batter (all-purpose flour + water + salt + pepper) & breadcrumbs for coating the eggplant.
- Coat the eggplants in the flour batter.
- Next, dip into breadcrumbs, shaking off the excess.
- Place the coated slices onto a sheet pan while you are finishing them all.
- Heat some extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the eggplant.
- Turn the eggplant rounds to fry on the other side. Remove once done and continue with your batches (replacing the oil, as necessary).
- Deseed the bell peppers into half. Drizzle some EVOO & broil in a preheated oven until the skin is wrinkly and the bell peppers are softened. Remove the skin & cut the bell peppers into half.
- Lightly toast your ciabatta bread & smear some ELEF Sundried Tomato Pesto on it.
- Start layering by creating a bed of fresh Arugula leaves.
- Place your crumb fried Eggplant slices on top & add sliced roasted bell peppers as well.
- Cut open your ELEF Burrata or Truffle Burrata and place it as the top most layer.
- Smear some ELEF Basil Arugula Pesto on the other toasted Ciabatta slice.
- Here you go – Burrata Eggplant Parmigiana sandwich of your dreams.